Any registration and/or presence in the library rooms implies acceptance of the rules below. In these rules, 'reader' means any user whose registration is up to date.
Article 1 – Admission• Access conditions
The library is open to CNRS researchers, faculty researchers, doctoral students, post-docs…. from the 3 CNRS laboratories (Institut Néel, LNCMI, LPMMC).
All new readers must contact the librarian in order to be registered in the library database.
For all change (example: extension of stay, status change and so on...), reader must actualise its inscription.
Article 2 – Loan
Each reader can borrow until 10 books maximum.
• Duration of loan
Loan is allowed for 2 months. During claim campaigns for non returned books, each reader must absolutely give back to the library indicated books as soon as possible.
Can not be borrowed:
- books with a black sticker: these books must be read on site, and/or can be printed (a part only), thanks to the printer in the entresol
- new books, presented at the beginning of shelves.
• To reserve
To reserve a book already borrowed, contact the librarian who will claim it from the borrower, and will send you an email upon return of the book in the library. To reserve a new book, you can write your name on the colored sheet (without date), you will receive an email when you can borrow it.
• To return
Returned books must be dropped in the wooden box ‘Retour livres’ in the main room, or can be given directly to the librarian. Every reader is responsible for its borrowed books and undertakes not to give them to another colleague without asking the librarian, who will accept or not. In case of definitive non-return of a book (book lost by the borrower), an invoice for a new purchased book may be sent to the laboratory.
• To renew
Loans can be renewed twice maximum. However, in case of a book reservation by another reader, the renewal can not be possible.
Article 3 – Services• Interlibrary loan
The interlibrary loan is possible when a reader can not find wanted book in the library catalog. Reader must contact the librarian who will request the document in a French or abroad library. The duration and terms of loan of documents are decided by the external library.
• Book purchase
Readers wishing to suggest an acquisition of books:
- click on 'Book purchase' on the website
- or contact directly the librarian
- or contact one of your colleagues of the library committe (see committee details 'Introduction - Library committee').
Back to top
Access is possible during the same time slots authorized by the CNRS personal badge of the site. Permanence hours are from Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4pm, except Wednesday.
Article 4 - Hours
In case of forgetting CNRS badge, readers can contact the librarian directly during permanence hours so that she can open the door, using the white phone near the entrance of the library.
The complete reproduction of a book is forbidden except express declaration to Centre Français d’exploitation du droit de Copie (CFC).
Article 5 – Reproduction and use of the printer
All the reproduction is only made for private research or non-commercial purposes.
The use of the printer is reserved to library's readers and must be only used for library collections.
• The library computer must only be used to search documents present or not in the library. Any other use is FORBIDDEN.
Article 6 – Computer and internet access
• Online access
Library's users have access to BibCnrs portal (access by CNRS Janus password), and Beluga portal (access by Agalan ID). Documentary resources accessible to researchers are subject to special conditions.
Warning: licenses from publishers and resource providers allow users to search, to question, to print or to download articles for private use or private research.
On the other hand, systematically print out, download, reproduce or distribute significant portions or a bulk of journals are strictly forbidden. Any redistribution and commercial use of these resources are forbidden.
• Wi-Fi network
No real Wi-Fi network in the library, but you can connect your laptop to plugs near the 3 tables. You can also use Eduroam network.
• Privacy and personal data
Librarian undertakes not to provide the professional data of readers (as well as personal data), or information about who has borrow a book.
In case of sound alert signal, readers must follow immediatly the instructions given by the librarian concerning the evacuation of rooms.
Article 7 – Safety
Instructions are also displayed in the library.
• All bags, except personal handbags, must be left at the entrance of the library in the main room, in front of 'USU' shelves. However, the library is not responsible in case of theft.
Article 8 – Rules
• Inside the library, the reader must not make noise,so as not to disturb the others: deactivate the ringtone of the mobile phone – do not phone – do not speak out loud and respect calm – do not introduce food or drink.
• All the objects found in the different rooms are given to the reception (building A) after 48h maximum.
Retour en haut de page